Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Flames!! Over Broadway


From Pennsville, NJ, active mid 2000's. They play a kind of a myspace technical metal type sound with shrieky vocals, almost burgeoning on post-hardcore. I'm thinking kind of like a mix between Textbook Traitors and Fear Before the March of Flames. Appropriate to post on this blog though. I don't have much else on them, or whether there's any other releases. Check it if that description sounds appealing to you, it's actually not bad taking a listen through it.

you've made this so surreal, thank you

7 comments:

  1. struggleshc.bandcamp.com

    Can you put our demo on your blog? Means the world to us!
    Thank you!

    struggleshc.bandcamp.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello! im sorry if commenting here is annoying, but i didnt know where to ask about this. do you happen to know of a screamo band called Shimmering Glasskite? ive been searching for their stuff for about two months now and have come up with nothing. they were originally posted on this long since dead blog (http://yousmelllikepaste.blogspot.com/2010/04/shimmering-glasskite-call-her-back.html?m=1) but unfortunately the link is down, ive looked everywhere i could think to look and still havent found it so as a last resort im reaching out to you in hopes you somehow have it on your computer or know someone who might, any response would be greatly appreciated and thank you so much for reading this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of that band before. Looks like it might be a hard find. I wonder if the owner of that blog still has the tracks. I'll take a look around, and if I find something make a post. Thanks for mentioning them!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic band, was a big fan of them in my younger years. I believe there is another release.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy shit this takes me back. I was the drummer for this band, really cool to see it archived here in this blog post. Thanks for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I played bass with Matt for a couple of shows. Good times

      Delete