Sunday, September 29, 2019

Caseyscoresagoal (Casey Scores a Goal)


Looks to be active 2001-2003 and from NYC or somewhere around there (not 100% sure.) Hard to dig up any actual information about this band, couldn't find any archived websites or descriptions of them. I did find this soundcloud which has some songs higher quality tracks than stuff that I had. From what I can tell it's just typical mp3.com screamo from the early 2000s. I don't hate it.

Various - (some rough demo style tracks + a track from mp3.com)

Soundcloud Tracks - (ripped from above, apparently from two different albums: "Pillaging The Pictures" and "Staring Without Seeing")

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I personally knew the members of this band, the guitarist in particular. Steve, the guitarist, was in a very popular Staten Island punk rock band called Stray 76 before starting CSAG. I met him in 2003, around the time this CD was made and by the way, this is not screamo. Although the frontman could definitely scream his head off!

    I met Steve Cipriano in a college psychology class and he one day invited me to see the band jam. Wow. That's all I say to adequately describe the energy. They also took me with them to see them play a battle of the bands at the now defunct Birch Hill in New Jersey, where I now live. Months later they spilt, do your end year of 2003 accurate.

    By the way, that battle of the bands was not one that was work in CSAG's favor, as they were one of just two bands that weren't emo. It was the most painful few hours of my short existence up to that time, speaking as a music snob!

    So why am I here, nineteen years later? Why now? Because I found out by chance that Steve passed away just two days ago of Stage 3 colon cancer at just 39 years old and I'm just in a melancholy mood. I haven't seen him in years and when I did see him last in 2014, it was clear that things had changed, but such is life. Either way, his passing was a random one for me. As someone who played in bands in Staten Island, there weren't many musicians from that Heroin infested hellhole who were truly worth two shits, but he was one of the few. That's not something I say lightly.

    RIP Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Csag full discography now available here - http://caseyscoresagoal.bandcamp.com

    ReplyDelete