Monday, February 22, 2016

Harrison Bergeron



Two bands with this name, this is the mid 2000's emo one from Bethlehem, PA, not the more recent one. They probably don't need much of an introduction, as they seem to be pretty popular, and members went on to be in some major bands  (Street Smart Cyclist, Storm the Bastille, Boy Problems). They're pretty good, and definitely were ahead on a sound that is super popular these days.

I actually only really heard these guy recently, and then a little while after realized I had some recordings by them that I had downloaded long ago and never listened to. The album "Dead Bergeron" is what is commonly passed around, but I've never seen this other album which is their split with Disconnect. It's basically just other recordings of songs on Dead Bergeron + one other song. I included Dead Bergeron as well for convenience. Check it out, super good stuff.

Split with Disconnect

Dead Bergeron

7 comments:

  1. Hey there! Do you know where I can find lyrics for this band? Would be awesome. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late response, but I found the lyrics to two songs:

      Darkness washed over the dude (lyrics in descriptions):
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEjYvJK2GR0

      Like Lightning, Six Billion Strong:
      http://songmeanings.com/songs/view/3530822107859495627/

      Maybe you can find more along similar methods. Those are my two favorite songs anyway. Hope I helped!

      Delete
    2. I managed to find a YT Video dating back to 2010 with the Lyrics of Undead and Undone/To the basement in the desc. But it seems like there is a line of lyrics missing and I sadly can't hear what that line says by ear so you might want to (or have someone else have to) identify the missing lyrics.

      Undead and Undone/To the basement:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsVMk7RXHYk

      Delete
  2. anyone have info on the split with disconnect? release year or where to find Disconnect's half of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I knew as well. Its killing my little completionist heart

      Delete
    2. The more time passes, I think it might be a mislabeled album "6 Song EP" as per the blog CUT & PASTE. The only evidence I can find of the split with Disconnect is my blog, and a reddit post that I can't find anymore that I question if I dreamt or something lol. I downloaded the tracks way back when and they were labeled as such, but until someone who actually knows something comes and confirms, who knows.

      Delete
  3. the "split LP" with Disconnect probably might be real because there's a Lehigh Valley band called The Disconnect around the same time as Harrison Bergeron.
    http://lvoldschool.blogspot.com/2009/02/disconnect-2005-ep.html

    ReplyDelete