Monday, June 13, 2016

Tamiroff



From Penfield NY. Active mid-late 2000's. I'm mainly posting them for their demo, which fits on this blog more than their later stuff. It's pretty noodly and jazzy before that was really a big thing. The later stuff is a bit more modern day twinkly stuff, I'll post it in case people want it. It's still pretty good, just less fitting for here. Members went on to form somewhat popular post hardcore band Polar Bear Club.

Demo

Bittersweet and Strange

Last Songs


4 comments:

  1. The demo and EP are great. The last songs dont do it for me though. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I definitely agree. I wonder what made them change up their sound so much.

      Delete
  2. Any idea when the first demo came out? I'm putting together an RYM list that's supposed to be a chronological look at Midwest/Screamo hybrids and it would be valuable to know if it came out before 2004 or after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I would have to guess it came out before 2004, but I can't guarantee that. RYM has Bittersweet and Strange as coming out 2004, and it has entirely different songs and change of sound than the demo. That must have taken some time to happen.

      Delete