Friday, February 5, 2021

Alberta Metalcore

 Surprisingly I have never done a post for anything that I don't consider to be emo/screamo. I don't intend to either, just to keep the focus of this blog, I'm making one exception with this though. I'm not sure how much people like 2000s metalcore here. There are some obvious links to what is posted here with a ton of bands here crossing over into that realm. These are just more straight-up textbook metalcore, but you know these guys all have sad lyrics and sad breakdowns.

I'm guessing most provinces/states across North America had fairly large metalcore communities in the early/mid 2000s. This was before the real scene myspace days so I'm not classifying any of this stuff as post-hardcore. Either way, these are some bands from my home province of Alberta, Canada and active early/mid 2000s. I think some of it is pretty good for metalcore, but a few are a bit more amateur. Worth archiving this stuff though. Check it out if any of this sounds appealing to you.

Life at Last

Nikola Tesla

Oceans Away

Savannah

Standing for Something Falling For Nothing

Tandum Vitalis

The Divided Left

The.Stars.Wept

Vying For Solace

Where Once Was Hope

1 comment: