Monday, February 8, 2021

Marc Antony


Marc Antony... I've wanted to do this band for a while, been sitting on their split with Dogs of Ire. The issue here is a progenitor band "The Bruté Medium". It's basically the same band, just a bit more melodic screamo than Marc Antony. I tracked down their split with Wilmot Proviso, but they have an elusive CD I've been hunting for, for years. I've contacted many people on youtube/discogs for this, and no one has ever gotten back to me. I'd really like to get it some day.

Anyway, Marc Antony are from California and active 2004-2006 it would seem. They play an angular discordant type of sound. It's interesting, but not overly captivating to me. I believe their split with D'Amore listed on discogs is just the same tracks as something on here. Good stuff overall, Dogs of Ire is a cool band that I would like to do a post on soon.


1 comment:

  1. Didn't know who the fuck they were when I bought this record but I remember that the vinyl was very similar to the 7" I have from my What price, wonderland 7" and realized it was Ape must not kill ape. I get kinda sad whenever I remember all these bands and labels that are no longer active. I shit you not the time I ripped this record it was the first time I ever heard it and the only time it's been played haha

    ReplyDelete