Monday, March 3, 2014

A Corrosive Melody



From Grand Rapids MN, and active roughly 2005-2007, you may know these guys from their split with Bear Garden. I really enjoy these guys, the instrumentals are very well done, and almost noodly at times. Last.fm tells me that they've released quite a bit of stuff, which from what I gather, most of it is not to be found anywhere.

Discography:
The Hour Hand Vs. The Hour Glass (2005)
Horse Head In Yer Bed EP (2006)
2006 Sector 5 Records Compilation(2006)
…And the Heroine Screams Help! Compilation vol.2(2006)
Songs From The GR Compilation 
Tour Demo 
Live @ The American University in Washington D.C. EP 
Bear Garden/A Corrosive Melody Split (2007)
Here for you I have their split with Bear Garden of course, some miscellaneous tracks that I have no idea what release they're from, and also lastly their Live @ The American University release. So check it out, good stuff. 

I think a ton of people have been searching for any of their other releases up there, so without saying, if you've seen any of the other stuff let me (and everyone else) know...


Split with Bear Garden

Live at American University

Various Stuff

Update---- Much thanks to below commenter for the following stuff.

Two Songs From The Hour Hand CD

19 comments:

  1. Can you reupload the various stuff please! The guitarist was gonna post a discography when I mentioned it on my blogspot but he never did. Fortunately I was one of the few who knew the entire bands discography back in myspace days so I left last.fm the discography.list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know all my downloads were not working, I had no idea zippyshare even did that :S... I reuploaded everything on here, hopefully it all works now haha. And yea, I saw that post from the guitarist on your blog many moons ago, hopefully he does it some day :P.

      Delete
  2. I have all the acm and bear garden releases, even the original, better, I'm Jack Nicholson and I have very high eyebrows. I think it's better then the and the heroine screams help version. I also recorded their last unreleased songs for a 7 inch they never released. I was gonna be in a band with mikey before he joined no wings to speak of. I also have a video of acm with unreleased songs. I live in Duluth mn so I saw them for years. Also have k!ll the l!ghts! Pre bg...
    Also Corey did release the disco, but he never mailed it cause he was busy with his new band. Most of them went on to do good music, but after cowards Kyle Ollah said he's done with loud music...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh but the unreleased songs don't have vocals.

      Delete
    2. Oh but the unreleased songs don't have vocals.

      Delete
    3. Do you think you can send it all to me so I can update this post, and make a post on Bear Garden + k!ll the l!ghts? It would be much appreciated. My email is Ace2Grace@hotmail.com

      Delete
    4. For sure, I won't have my computer for a bit but I can try using my phone or get in contact with Kyle potter to see I'd he posted it. Also the drummer and vocalist from bear garden and the drummer from a corrosive melody formed the now defunct cowards which had a couple releases. They sounded more like capsule though. If you know how I can upload from my phone please let me know.

      Delete
    5. You can email the songs from your phone for the most part

      Delete
  3. I gotta hear all this stuff already :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I added two more songs that were sent to me. More is to come at some point, commenter above is just waiting on someone to send the tracks.

      Delete
    2. Sent an email. Cory is sending disco with unreleased songs to me, and I asked hom to attach it to the bear garden file I shared to you. Also sent cowards (bg/acm guys members started a band). More info in email

      Delete
    3. Oh man im so excited can you send me it too?

      Delete
  4. God damn I really been waiting more than a decade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, me too. All the people I've talked to over the years ended up ghosting me on it. It will all probably be lost in a hard drive crash before anyone gets to uploading it on the internet lol.

      Delete
  5. https://acorrosivemelody.bandcamp.com/album/help-thermometer-unreleased-recordings
    sorry y’all, better late than never😅

    ReplyDelete
  6. the only thing that’s not on the bandcamp we just setup is hour hand vs the hourglass, we haven’t decided whether we’re gonna put that one up or not. but everything else is now up on the bandcamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you guys should put it up, to complete the discography, anyways thank you so much for this.

      Delete
  7. also would love if y’all would check out my dark ambient electronica/lo-fi hip-hop/etc project, Gatebuilder. gatebuilder.bandcamp.com

    ReplyDelete