Friday, August 3, 2018

The August Prophecy

The August Prophecy was a four piece outfit from Syracuse, NY. The group featured ex-members of Herman Dekalb, and combines harsh aggression sewn together with blistering breakdowns, creating one hellish sonic landscape. The band released an MCD on Florida's OHEV Records (The Rocking Horse Winner) before disbanding in late-2001

Last.fm tells me this band is from Syracuse, Onondaga County, New York, United States. Long name for a place. Anyway, looks like Simon B. beat me to posting this on the web. Here's the MP3's though. I'm terrible at describing music, but Last.fm describes similar artists as Phoenix Bodies and In/Humanity. I can hear the Phoenix Bodies. Some parts remind me a bit of Usurp Synapse. It gets kind of jazzy at times. I recommend.

five endeavors in self murder

4 comments:

  1. Good Afternoon to yourself-Sacredblue-I played the drums on this recording. we recorded it at Signal To Noise studios in Toronto,Canada. Beautiful studio anchored by mister Rob Sanzo-many a band has recorded there in this particular studio-Acrid,Grade,Index For Potential Suicide,Maharahj, etc...etc...you get the picture.The drums on this particular recording are All LIVE-first take. ZERO Punch ins. I sincerily hope you and your blog visiters enjoyed the half hour or so of sonic dismemberment that such Analog Tape helped to Capture. Cheers, friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you mind if I asked you some questions about August Prophecy? Reach out to me by email if you can.

      Delete
    2. sure sacredblue,I was unable to locate your email address as I rarely ever check mine but should you feel the desire to reach out to myself, my email is: Master_Account13021@Yahoo.com Thank You Sincerily!!! -Jamie C.
      *Please be patient awaiting a response.-as I previously wrote, I rarely check it.*
      Thank You for the interest.
      j.c.

      Delete
    3. Visitors* NOT "visiters" us drummers are NOT the brightest light bulbs on the string of lights. maybe, that is why we pound on things with "sticks."

      Delete