Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Rogue State


From California and active I'm guessing 2003-2009. I can't really seem to dig up much more than that oddly. They share a name with some DJ which confuses things. They have three releases:

Statues That Fall (2003) -- Edit: Found this
Dogs Of Ire / Rogue State split (2007)
Emic Vs. Etic (2009) -- which I have for you below.

I typically try and have as much as I can before I post, but I haven't had much luck finding the other releases Dogs of Ire split. Will update this post when I find it/or if someone can help me out. Anyway Rogue State are actually pretty sweet. I've always enjoyed bands that had very tight math/jazz influenced instrumentals (Capsule, Louise Cyphre, Off Minor etc..).  I think Rogue State resembles a faster yet more melodic and jazzy Capsule. Definitely recommend as the album (Emic Vs Etic) is pretty short and sweet.

Statues That Fall (2003)

Emic Vs. Etic (2009)

2 comments:

  1. I have the songs to the split i can send you them, just remind me.

    ReplyDelete