Saturday, May 19, 2018

Delaware Hardcore Compilations

Someone sent this to me while I was on vacation and I had a good chance to listen to it. Really obscure bands that I've never heard of nor can I find much information on. Seems to be a really good capture of a lost scene active in Delaware in the late 90's/early 00's. I believe the person who sent me this was personally connected to these compilations so hopefully I can get some more info at some point. I might make extra posts for individual bands depending on what I can dig up.

Anyway, the two real stand out bands on these compilations are Caligula and Nineveh. Both have enough songs to form a small album between both compilations. Caligula fit right in with the late 90's "screamo" scene, with an interesting dual vocal approach. Definitely quite good, I believe Caligula II is just referring to their second demo which is more instrumental based. Nineveh are very similar with some almost Hassan I Sabbah sounding stuff. There is some more emo/screamo stuff (Rx139, Bessemer Process, etc), the rest is other genres of hardcore. 100% check this out, it's a little rough at times, but super cool.

Delaware Hardcore
Cassette Sampler
Various Artists
1997
Bands: Caligula (USA), Time For Noisy V, Adam Sadler, Nineveh
Prescription 139, Caligula II, My Version of It, Pyramids of North Dakota
The Basin Road Betties, Year of the Comet, The Harvey Oswalds
A collection of Hardcore and punk bands from Northern Delaware
Some home demos, live recordings and unreleased tracks
Sold at shows.
1. Jefferson Farms / Caligula (USA)
2. Secret War / Caligula II
3. Pathfinder / Caligula II
4. Kouyunjik (Kuyuncuk) / Nineveh
5. Usurper C_1995 O1 / Nineveh
6. Untitled Acoustic Demo / Nineveh
7. Doors Unlimited (cover) / Time For Noisy V
8. B is for Bear Penis / Adam Sadler
9. How To Apply The Crossface Chicken Wing / Adam Sadler
10. Superman Shit From Texas / Pyramids of North Dakota
11. Eleven Eleven / Year of the Comet
12. Betsy Ross Was a Slut / The Harvey Oswalds
13. Salinger / The Basin Road Betties
14. Why Do I Come Here? / Caligula (USA)
15. Co-Dependent / Caligula (USA)
16. Like A Flash of Lightning / Caligula (USA)
 
MVOE Sampler (2002)
CD-R Zine Giveaway
MVOEntertainment Group
2002
Bands: Caligula (USA), Time For Noisy V, Adam Sadler, Nineveh
Prescription 139, Caligula II, My Version of It, Doctor Goose
Bessemer Process and Nunc Dimittis
A collection of Hardcore and punk bands from Northern Delaware
Some home demos, live recordings and unreleased tracks
Given away with the "My Version of It" Zine.
Most of these songs were from the late 90s, the zine was focusing on Northern Delaware Bands of the last 5 years.
It was a follow up to the 1997 10x Records "Delaware Hardcore" Compilation
1. Die Fucker / Caligula USA
2. Goldfinger (Cover) / Time For Noisy V
3. He Was The King /  Adam Sadler
4. I Won't Follow / Caligula USA
5. Just a Boat Ride To India / Nineveh
6. The Lebanon 73 / Nineveh
7. Lesson #09 (Cover) / Time For Noisy V
8. Love Song #5 / Prescription 139
9. Motown Philly (Cover) / My Version of It
10. Prophet Jonah / Nineveh
11. Sakura / Doctor Goose
12. Sese Seko / Caligula II
13. Swanwyck / Caligula USA
14. Unplug Deep Blue / Caligula II
15. We Always Made Sure / Adam Sadler
16. What's Mine? (Live) / Bessemer Process
17. Why God Made Drugs / Nunc Dimittis
Some extras:
Nineveh Demo
Caligula Demo
Caligula II Demo
Prescription 139/Rx139 Demo

Thanks Jared!

No comments:

Post a Comment