Friday, April 3, 2020

7654 Stories


7654 Stories was Started in early 2003 by John Terry and Wyatt Harte. They quickly recruited bassist Peter August wrote 5 songs and started playing shows. They circulated over 250 demo CD's and played a number of weekend tours. 7654 Stories build a strong following on the east coast in the DIY basement scene. Bekim Hida was recruited on bass and Pete switched over to guitar. They played a number of shows with the line-up like this until Pete left the band to join Monument. The band continued playing/touring/writting as a three peice for a few more months. They recorded a split 7 inch with local NJ band arcadius for prescription records. They did a final tour through the south east. The band members remain on good terms. Wyatt is in school. Pete is working and playing in Animal Blood. John is going to school and playing in Rapid Cities. Bekim is in Dick Punch! and living in Brooklyn. They still have merch available through their myspace site.
I remember in the late 2000s there being these huge text lists of Megaupload links to download emo/screamo stuff. I always knew this band as being on one of those lists and never anywhere else. Always tried to get into the self titled, but it was never that remarkable to me. When I made my Arcadius post a while back, I listened to their split with these guys and turns out it's actually quite good. Just classic 2000s stuff. Download the split at least.

7654 Stories

Split with Arcadius 7inch (Same songs as the split + an instrumental, not a vinyl rip)

3 comments:

  1. Hey I just wanna say I really appreciate this blog and I used to do something very similar. I recently recovered an old hard drive that has a lot of stuff that I can upload and contribute to help preserve this shit if you want. Lemme know if you wanna shoot the shit about some bands you might be missing / information about bands that you already have. You can email me at wdegouveia@gmail.com if you want. For example I’m listening to Efra right now and listened to rockets and bluelights yesterday and I got files that I can upload and contribute if you want. Lemme know! Either way you’re doing good work with this shit it’s something for the real ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also just wanna say that wasn’t a jab or criticism at all this is the sickest most comprehensive collection of this sound that I’ve ever seen. I’m just saying I might have some files / bands that you might be missing if you wanted help archiving this shit ¨̮

    ReplyDelete