Monday, June 22, 2020

The Idea Men


This is an extremely obscure band I downloaded back in the late 2000s. I never really realized how good they were until recently while finding stuff to post on this blog. They were from Baltimore, and active around 96. This is pure mid 90s emo of the discohijack type. They only had one official release which is their ST 12inch, and I have a whole bunch of seemingly unreleased stuff, that I'm not sure even exists on the internet anymore. The 12inch and The Final Gathering are both great. The final gathering song I uploaded above has some great 90s twinkle action going on. Recommended!

ST 12inch

The Final Gathering

Towards Brighter Tomorrows

3 comments:

  1. TEB & sacredblue - Hi. My name is Gary, and I was the drummer of the idea men. I can answer any questions that you have about my old band. I downloaded all this stuff here. I really don't have any of it anymore. Do you have any other tracks? - Gary B in Baltimore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gary, I'm really sorry for the late response. These are all the songs I have available. The fact that more exists than just the 12inch is pretty amazing. Would you be willing to answer some questions about your band?

      Delete
    2. Hey Gary, I've got some more files that I got from Shawn a while back. Please get in touch over email if you'd like them. nosferatuman14@gmail.com

      Delete